Part Time Teaching Recruitment Procedure (October 11, 2018)
When a department is looking to recruit PTL
- As Initiator - Faculty, Department prepares ROCS request under blue banner and submits to Authorizer 2 - Jason Jordan
- SEBS-HR reviews Posting request for completeness
- Each position must be posted for a period of at least five business days
- Search Committee reviews all applicants, and Applicant Reviewer moves them to the appropriate workflow status
- Department receives system email from EEO – approved to interview
- Department contacts approved applicants to schedule interviews
- Once department has identified a successful candidate, they must submit via email to SEBS-HR the Determination of Title, Declaration and Coadjutant Authorization forms.
- SEBS-HR will review, and forms will be sent to the Budget Office for review/approval. (Can take between 1-4 days)
- Department should complete dispositions of all other applicants
- Once all budgetary approvals have been obtained, SEBS-HR will notify ROCS Initiator that a verbal offer may be extended to the recommended candidate.
- Upon receipt of acceptance of verbal offer, Applicant Reviewer must notify Authorizer 2 to move recommended candidate to workflow status of "Finalist". This will initiate the Background Investigation (BGI)
- Upon receipt of BGI approval, Department prepares the formal offer letter for signature
- Once fully executed offer letter is received, department administrator requests a Template Based Hire in HCM and uploads a copy of the signed offer letter, the approved BGI Certification email, and the three PTL forms into HCM Job Data Attachments
- Department notifies SEBS-HR to update ROCS case as Filled/Closed/Completed