Class 3 and 4 Recruitment Procedure
In conjunction with the implementation of required background investigations for all staff (Class 1, 3, 4) employees PRIOR to the commencement of employment - ALL Class 3 and Class 4 Casual and Seasonal positions must be posted for a minimum of five (5) business days. This decision is consistent with guidance from OFCCP (Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs) which states a posting is required for any employee(s) who will work for three days or more – the position must be posted. Please note - only ONE employee may be hired per posting as the ROCs posting will be used to trigger the background investigation process.
Therefore, for any Class 3 or Class 4 Offer of Employment extended as of March 26, 2018, please adhere to the following procedure:
- Position must be posted for a minimum of five (5) business days and interested individuals must apply online. NOTE: standard turnaround time for UHR to post position is 24-48 hours
- Final Dispositions must be completed for all applicants by Applicant Reviewer for the case
- Viable candidates must be routed through ROCS for HR/EEO Review/Approval before interviewing
- Once a top candidate has been identified, the department extends the Contingent Verbal and/or Contingent Written offer of employment to the selected candidate
- Upon receipt of candidate's verbal or written acceptance of the offer the department is to mark the candidate as Finalist in ROCS (Mark only ONE candidate as Finalist)
- UHR will be notified through ROCS to now initiate the background investigation. NOTE: investigation can take up to 10 business days to complete
- Upon completion of a successful background investigation, the department will receive a Certification from UHR. This Certification must be received from UHR BEFORE employment is permitted to begin.
For departments with ongoing hiring needs, a new option exists called Evergreen postings which can be used to create ongoing (year-long or less if necessary) postings. These postings can be used to "capture" applicants continuously and then the Hiring unit can pull an applicant for an "internal" Posting which UHR will create. Applicant dispositions will eventually need to be completed for all applicants to the Evergreen posting once the posting has been closed. UHR will not allow ALL Class 4 positions to have Evergreen postings - but will work with SEBS/HR to identify Job Titles/Duties that meet the criteria. Therefore UHR is asking departments that hire/employ large groups/numbers of Class 4 employees to create 1-2 "generic" job descriptions and forward them to Ken Mittra. (firstname.lastname@example.org) 848-932-3854.
If you have questions about the posting and/or background investigation procedure, please reach out to Jackie Rusnak of SEBS – Office of Human Resources. (email@example.com) 848-932-3682.