Class 1 Positions
Be prepared to load the following items into ROCS when initiating your search:
- Department Justification Letter from Chair/Director
- Organization Chart
UHR will work directly with the department Initiators and/or Supervisors on the posting language, this will now include what type of Background Investigation is to be completed.
Please adhere to the following procedure:
- Positions must be posted for a minimum of two (2) weeks and a maximum of 30 days.
- Viable candidates must be routed through ROCS for HR/EEO Review/Approval by the Applicant Reviewer BEFORE an interview can take place.
- Final Dispositions must be completed for all applicants by Applicant Reviewer for the case.
- Once top candidate has been identified, the hiring department, while checking departmental reference checks, may request a copy of the Days Remaining Report (DRR) for internal applicants. At this time you may inquire about attendance, absence or habitual lateness patterns that may not be reflected in the DRR. This is in addition to any professional or performance questions you may have.
- Hiring department prepares and submits a hard copy of the Recommendation to Hire Packet to SEBS – HR. The packet consists of the following:
- Cover letter addressed to the Executive Dean justifying recommendation which must include:
- Posting Number
- Names of Search Committee Members
- Total Number of Applicants
- Number Interviewed
- Number of Withdrawn Applicants
- What makes recommended candidate top choice
- Recommended annual salary
- If recommended candidate declines, name and justification for second choice or indicate if department desires to repost
- Posting Announcement
- EEO approval to interview email from UHR for each top candidate and anyone else mentioned by name in the cover letter
- Resume for recommended candidate and anyone else mentioned by name in cover letter
- Background Check Certification Email
- SEBS-HR will review recommendation and respond via Approval to Hire email to the department. The email notification will also include further directive to the department.
- Departments prepare the offer letter using the templates located on the UHR Sakai site.
- Once candidate has accepted the offer, Applicant Reviewer must move recommended candidate to workflow status of “Finalist”. NOTE: Please do NOT move anyone into Finalist state until all other applicants have been Disposed accordingly.
- By selecting the applicant as “Finalist” this automatically generates an email to UHR signaling them to begin the background investigation.
- The outside agency, GIS, will send a link to the recommended candidate with instructions on how to proceed. The background investigation can take up to ten (10) business days from the time the link is accepted by the applicant and form is submitted to GIS.
- Our UHR Consultant will return a background clearance notification to the department by email once investigation is successfully completed. Print this background clearance notification email as you will be required to upload it into HCM Job Data Attachments along with the candidate's signed offer letter.
UHR will modify the designation in ROCS to read "Hired", then the posting will be marked "Filled", and then "Closed" by UHR.
Department is to enter New Template Based Hire in HCM for external candidate. UHR handles the transfer process for all internal candidates. Internal candidates do NOT receive offer letters.
NOTE that the University no longer requires completion of hiring proposals in ROCS. (Please note that current Class 3 and Class 4 candidates are considered as external applicants when applying for Class 1 positions.)