Post Doctoral Associate and Fellow Recruitment Process
Prior to entering ROCS, initiators must have available the following information/items: a prepared justification letter from the Chair to the Dean indicating the need for this search; obtain the necessary account information which will fully fund this position; a detailed posting summary; any educational or special requirements you may want to indicate in the posting; the names and email addresses of each search committee member, and the individual designated as the Applicant Reviewer (having the ability to modify the status of applicants in ROCS system); indicate period posting will remain open (note, there is a two-week minimum posting period at which time the expired posting will automatically close ) unless you have indicated 'Open Until Filled'. In this case, once the Selection Committee and Applicant Reviewer have completed the search, the Initiator will then notify SEBS-HR to change the status of the posting to either 'Closed' and/or 'Filled'.
Below are documents (and some suggestions) that are required when posting vacancies.
Posting Specific Questions (You Can Use Key Questions to Qualify Applicants)Example: How many years of teaching experience do you have?
Posting Documents (Not Visible to Applicant)
- Cover Letter Justifying Search from Department Chair to School Dean
- Position Announcement/Job Description
- Notice of Grant Award (Required as Backup if Grant Funding Shortfall)
Applicant Documents (Documents to be Uploaded by Applicant)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- List of Name and Contact Details of Three (3) Professional References
- Copy of PhD Degree Certification (Required for Post Doctoral appointments)
Optional Documents You May Request of Applicant
- Copies of Current Relevant Teaching Evaluations or Statement of Teaching Interests
- Copy of Relevant Article Authored by Applicant
- Related Statement of Research